All children are entitled to 15 hours of completely funded nursery education (NEF) the term after their 3rd birthday. The Nursery will provide you with the funding form, help you to complete it, and apply for the funding on your behalf.
You will need to provide identification for your child, such as their birth certificate or passport. Funding is paid directly to the nursery.
There is also nursery education funding available for children the term after their 2nd birthday if certain criteria are met. In order to qualify for this the government requires that a family must be in receipt of one of the following:
- Income Support
- Income based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual household income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed a certain amount.
For more information please feel free to contact us or your local Children's Centre. Pippins Children Centre in Melbourn can be contacted on 01763 223460 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org